OpenTelemetry is a set of APIs, SDKs, tooling and integrations that are designed for the creation and management of telemetry data such as traces, metrics, and logs.
- Bring your own backend. OpenTelemetry provides the specification and collector only.
- KubeCon NA 2021: OpenTelemetry Collector Deployment Patterns
- Support for traces, metrics, logs.
- Prometheus vs. OpenTelemetry metrics
- Observability with OpenTelemetry is a great learning series by Thomas Stringer in 6 parts, covering Introduction, Instrumentation, Exporting, Collector, Propagation, Ecosystem.
- Learn how to instrument an Apache HTTP Server with OpenTelemetry
- OpenTelemetry for Python Developers
- Learn OpenTelemetry tracing using a lightweight microservice project
- Logz.io created a great learning series for OpenTelemetry getting started in various languages:
- How auto-instrumentation can help
- CI/CD Observability: Tracing with OpenTelemetry (GitLab proposal)