Make sure to subscribe and also learn more in their online archive.
- SLOconf Monthly, former SRE meetup.
- #EveryoneCanContribute cafe meetup
There are many ways to learn, and also define Observability. This list is not exhaustive, a recommendation by individuals who have taken the trainings is preferred prior to adding a new entry.
|Prometheus Trainings||PromLabs||Prometheus, App instrumentation, Kubernetes||@dnsmichi|
Practical Kubernetes Monitoring with Prometheus¶
- Monitoring, quo vadis puts the traditional monitoring in contrast to microservices.
- Prometheus and Grafana shares the basic knowledge on Prometheus, PromQL, Service Discovery and terminology required to understand.
- Kubernetes dives into understanding what to monitor, and how.
- Prometheus Operator dives into the concept of the package, and kube-prometheus installing a full stack. You'll dive into the UI of Prometheus, Grafana and the Alert Manager.
- K8s monitoring with Prometheus walks you through the - amazing - default Grafana dashboards, instructs you to deploy a Go demo app with the CRD ServiceMonitor, Container Metrics and kube-state-metrics exercises to practice PromQL queries.
- Advanced Monitoring practices with a Python app and own metrics, deployed to the GitLab container registry and to Kubernetes to query with PromQL in Grafana dashboards. Storage with Thanos/Cortex, Service Discovery is touched as well.
- Alerts and Escalations dives into the Alert Manager and rules, mapped into the PrometheusRule CRD.
- SLA, SLO, SLI keeps you busy with learning about Service Level Objectives for your production environment, providing thoughts on CI/CD quality gates with Keptn - and the OpenSLO spec, Pyrra and Sloth.
- Observability moves from Monitoring to metrics, logs, traces and beyond.
- Secure Monitoring discusses TLS, secret management, Infrastructure as code workflows, Container security and RBAC & policies.
- Ideas on more monitoring with Prometheus exporters, podtato-head, Chaos Engineering, etc.
A shorter version of the workshop as a talk was provided by Michael Friedrich at PromCon NA 2021, a zero day event at KubeCon NA.